Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekend Madness!

Day 41+42+43

Saturday was an action packed day! 3 hours of boxing in the morning followed by a 4 hour footy tournement! It was really nice to play footy again. Ive missed playing a lot as we are in the off season atm..and playing footy is like training but fun!!! especially the way i play, running around like a mad man! 1 thing i have noticed over the weekend is though : Im not superman im human@! After the last game i felt something ping in my knee... At first i feared the worst. I couldnt walk and had to sit down for 15min before i could get up. and then i could only hobble! I let it rest for a day and im still not very confident about it so im gonna give up my run this week as i think it will be too much! Im at a major dilemma atm! Do i push through all this pain and keep at it or do i say right thats it and take a whole week off.. With all my commitments its a bit hard but maybe i have to. Yesterday at boxing on Monday night i had no interest at all. I couldnd spark myself into anything. I got there as i do at 5pm and there was nothing. Not even the sparring put me right. I think i know who im fighting and maybe im trying to adapt myself to him ... He is bigger than me with a monster right! But he telegraphs it. I mean he might as well send me a text that its coming it takes that long and is that obvious.. i really want to tell him but its kinda stupid telling him right? i mean this is the guy that in the end could make me look like a muppet! and ive gone and told him how to beat him.... Yesterday i just wanted to take a beating in the ring so i didnt move or jump around like i usually do, or throw quick so i could feel what it was like to be hit.. cas im thinking that this guy is gonna catch me at least once! and what happens if i get to the ring and i havent been hit or spun yet and he clips me! Ive heard lots of people say that the best fighters are the ones who can take a punch. That it can change you... I know sparring is suppose to be 40% bla bla bla but none of us have been throwing less than 100%.. how can we. its our first time in a ring and its a natural instinct for us.... any fight i have been in through out my life ive fought back a hundred percent. Its the sparring that teaches you to control that fight.. and we have only had about 6 ish sparring sessions... But i havent been hit in these 6 sparring sessions, and when i have god for thier sakes i hope they were 40% hits cas they were shit!
Look im not trying to be hard or an idiot, and my point is valid! You need to if you're gonna flake after you have been hit! i need to know! Anyway i left my whole face out there got punched god knows how many times and i didnt.. so now im happy. the coach wasnt. he said if i do that im gonna get my jaw broken. but now i know a little bit more. im still not sure what will happen if i get hit properly but im sure ill find out and i hope thats soon!
Maybe im jsut a sadist... i dont know!
a secret session with my friend tonight who is giving my a bit of 1:1 tips... did it on sunday and it was good! learned a lot of new things...

peace..

No comments:

Post a Comment