Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Butterflies!

Day 63+64

Monday sparring went a lot better than sat. A few bits of tweaking and abit more aggression and i think i will do really well. I have noticed that im still not switching on quick enough and not going through what i need to do. In-out need to be quicker, side to side movement needs to happen more and parrying and counterpunching need to be a bit better....
I decieded to really focus on my defence on Monday and didnt really throw a punch.. I stood my ground really well and didnt get pushed back onto the ropes like i did on saturday... I took some really hard shots kinda just letting them go at it. I think joel and daire really enjoyed hitting me fullwack! hahahahaha I was really determined to tighten up that defence and stand firm and i think i found a nice couple of angles to explode out of once thier flurry of punches has stopped. ive just gotta be careful to not swing out of the defence just as they are throwing one into my head!lol Now its really all about combining the defence with the attack. Exploding out of defence and then moving.. thrying to wear them down and get some shots to the body in there.... right in the ribs! I saw our coach use a short jab to the ribs on a guy and it really took the wind out of him!!
I'm really starting to get to like most of the guys and its gonna suck that on the night one of us is gonna lose.Its obvious all of us are putting so much effort and time into this.. I know they say in things like this there are no losers, but there really are! I dont want to even entertain the idea that im gonna lose. I really really really will never hear the end of it if i do.....
I suppose what will be will be and all i can do is train my arse off and do i can to win on the night. The butterflies are going in my stomach now.... the anticipation is starting to build. The weigh-in is on wednesday september 8th... Time is slipping through my fingers.. Training needs to move up another gear again! HOW DO PEOPLE DO THIS FOR A JOB??

Tuesday went to the gym and killed it! Had the night off as im going to the gym at lunch time and i have boxing this evening... Lets get it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment