Sunday, August 22, 2010

Big sparring session!

Day 61+62

Saturday was fun. Its the first time we have sparred properly. Well i have. There was last week but that was a disaster. 3 of us donned the ring and did 4 rounds. 2 times 1 min then 1 min rest then 2 times 1 min again. So you fought two guys.. The two guys i fought were very good. One of whom is 12 kg heavier thanb me and the other 2 foot taller than me which was fun! Joel is a very good fighter. very tall and has a massive reach. its very hard to get close to him without getting smacked in the face 5 times before you get to throw a punch! He did also catch me with a beauty that i got a standing 8 count for! Well done mate! that will teach me for not bringing my left hand back quick enough..lol! Daire is also a good fighter but very different. He fights alot of his front foot and trys to bully you. he comes at you very quickly and if you dont step sidewards quick enough he can pin you against the ropes... its good fighting him cas it teaches me to cover up and move. you have to otherwise you get hit!!!! the video of myself and daire is on facebook and i must say he really gave me a pasting.. no other words for it. he did really well. I was really struck by how fast he came at me and maybe a little taken a back! I need to learn how to step sideways faster and remember to counterpunch! maybe i was too afraid also as some of his shots really hurt. i mean he has got 12kg extra on me and that does not sound like much but it reallly is when you are throwing punches.. he is a rugby player as well and knows how to get his weight behind himself!

So lots of things to improve on and alter.. the videos helped alot as well as straight off i can see where imn going wrong! gonna tape the next session as well to see any more faults...

Sunday had a day off so i went surfing! Very good fun. The beach is also a leveler! yeah i not as ripped as i thought! hahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahah

No comments:

Post a Comment