Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sparring sparring sparring... its all about the sparring!

Day 65+66

Wednesday was fun. Went to the gym at lunch and did all my sets.. Really working hard on the arms and shoulders to try to get quicker punching. Got to boxing around 5pm and warmed up then sparred with normal guys and another beast vivian..it went well and i figured out a couple of nice little angles. well apart from vivan who i couldnt get near!! but he is like 15+kg heavier than me and 2 foot taller!!. i seem also to really be holding back alot as i dont really want to give anything away yet. i mean sometimes i feel like i could explode but cas we have been told to not go 100% im not sure i could control myself.. its gonna be weird when we finally get unleashed on fight night...dont get me wrong im not bigging myself up, i dont think im better or worse than the guys im sparring against( maybe not as good) im just saying that i know i have a lot in the tank that im holding back.... im not sure whether its helping me sparring with all the bigger guys and im starting to think they might put me in the bigger category which is worrying...... theories on who we are going to fight now dominates most of the talk! The more leaner and sleek looking daire (minus 4kg lol) and i are looking less and less likely even though he has come down in weight on the basis we spar together every session, so its quite hard to tell who is gonna be fighting who...i dont really want to think about it too much as i dont want to try and specialize myself for one person. I need to sort out a lot of kinks first before i start worrying about who im gonna fight. Atm i dont really see who anyone can beat me as im amazing(yeah i know you lot are reading this!!!!lol) Lets just say i know what ive gotta do. And more importantly what not to do. Ive def sorted out that defense! its nice and tight and not much is getting through. im glad i tested it out in the way i did. I know i lost all the rounds but now i know more about myself and how to use the defence... as we only have so little time to try out these things in sparring you really have to work on things you want as a priority. my priority is gonna be defence! defence, wear down, destroy.. i mean fitness is my strength by miles.. and anyone can throw a punch. but can you take one........
So now that thats sorted i need to work on aggression..(as someone said!!) so saturday i need to work on that !!get in, attack like there is no tomorrow, get out before he hits me, then back in for the counter....not really worried if i get hit so its gonna be a bit gung-ho style to see how that works...

I've got a couple of days off now. im gonna let my body rest for the whole of thursday and friday. With the fight so close i need to know what my fitness levels are gonna be like come fight night without all these constant aches and pains from all the training which is holding me back abit. So lets see what saturdays sparring is like...

should be interesting!

PEACE OUT!

1 comment:

  1. Heya Rob!

    Nice going on the training, and good blogging, too! I haven't read all of your blog entries yet, so I don't know where you're located. (I've read enough to tell you're a native English speaker, but not of USA English. Hehehe!) Since you've mentioned Vanda, I'm going to guess somewhere in South Asia. It's great you're connected to Ian and the fine work he's doing for so many people; the world needs more humanitarians like him and you, his boxers.

    Best wishes for success (and lots of fun!) with your training. I hope it goes great. I'll link to your blog from mine, too.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete