Friday, September 10, 2010

Last Saturday Session

Day 79+80

The last Saturday training session today. I'm gonna miss it so much... I really want to keep this up after i finish. Probably a couple of weeks rest and then i will join up so i can go Saturday and Sunday mornings at least of at turf city...No Proper training on request from Alexis since Tuesday.... So it was nice to rock it out in the gym at 8 till 10am this morning. No Joel Carpenter in sight! I don't know why. Maybe he knew there was no sparring and was gonna do his own thing..Quite a few of the boys weren't there actually so maybe it wasn't that strange. I felt absolutely brilliant at training! I had power and work rate and stamina!!!! All multiplied by the lay off! I think i might have got this spot on coming up to the last week! I need to hit peak form by this coming Friday..So footy this afternoon, surfing tomorrow, boxing Monday and Wednesday and a big run on Tuesday...Thursday nothing, and obviously Friday fight... I'm guessing Friday i will not really need to get myself in the mood! i think the 1500 people sat there will be able to do that for me! You know where you are driving along in a car and you go over a small bridge really fast. you're stomach goes up and down and you get that giddy feeling. that's the feeling I'm getting atm every time i think about stepping out on fight night! The first fight of the night as well! i know people have said that the girls fight is gonna be amazing, but i tell you what : mine isn't gonna be too bad either!!!!!! I think Joel is a very good fighter. As i said in previous posts and actually in the odds i gave before the weigh in. Actually i made him so high odds as i thought he was too good for me to fight. I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or just as they want me to lose. But as Alexis (our head coach) had told all the other trainers weeks ago that he wanted to be in my corner for the fight, i cant see it being anything else but the former..like he told me today when i asked him what i should do: "just go out and punch hard! you're good enough! that's all you need to remember!"
So belief is all i need. Something that outsiders wouldn't for a second think that i didn't have. But that's where again everybody thinks they know me. Its a shield. The overconfidence isn't me being cocky. its a shield cas i don't want people to get close. Ca's if people cant get close they cant hurt me. I prefer people to not like me. That way i cant be duped into thinking they are my friend and that way they cant ever hurt me.... Maybe one day i will take advice given to me years ago and stop trying so hard to impress. Just be myself and don't care what people think..But its hard to change the habit of a life time. its hard not to be YOU!!!!!!!!
Anyway enough of this sentimental stuff! lol Back to business.. Back to positive mental attitude. I am ready! I am confident! I am a winner! It will be very hard. But i wouldn't want it any other way! If you beat up a little guy, then all you have done is beat up a little guy. If you lose against a little guy, you have lost against a little guy. The pressure is not on me. I'm the outsider! That's what i want. David vs Goliath... people get told that story in school. The movies convey that in every Hollywood story since the dawn of time! And come Friday 17th September they will have another story. Another chapter, and another hero!

COME ON PRICEY!!!! DO YOURSELF PROUD! DO IT FOR YOU!

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment