Monday, September 6, 2010

Final sparring session(penisgate!!)

Day 74+75+76

Saturday was a mixed bag.. I'm now fit enough to get through the 3 rounds of 2min really without a problem. Its the actual boxing thats the problem! I cant get my head to start and constantly forget the basics of what to do! Stay on your toes, breath, move side to side body body jab! Simple you would think, but no, it really isnt! Its strange. I suppose through out your life when ever you get into (or shall i say got,im 29 and havent touch wood been in a fight for a long time, long may that be the way) a fight its red mist, swing, grapple, go to the floor,get pulled apart and come away with some scratches or a black eye... there is no real fight as such more of a collision....a)cas there are no rules so anything goes b)your usually pissed up c) its usually over something or someone.... because of all this your brain isnt working and you end up swinging your arms around,adrenaline pumping hoping for the best...i cant see how anything but sparring for real will sort this out but now we have no more.. fight night will be the next time we go at it and to be fair i still dont know if i can take a proper punch or can actually throw one! It really is going to be balls out on the night! What you are made of is really gonna come out! You can be all this and all that but when you are slightly down and your being beaten in the head, what you gonna do? Who are you? Flight or fight? Ive always thought of myself as someone who would stand and fight ....till the death or i win... people probably see me a just a big mouthy guy who never backs it up.. well lets see shall we! I know one thing for sure, i will break his fist with my head if i have too! Im not going to stop until that bell rings. Two things i have on my side: fitness and heart... and i recon my heart is big enough to go 10 rounds with tyson!
I did 3 times 2 minutes on sat morning with joel and vivian... i had a bit more in me so i asked if we could do some more sparring at the end if there was time! "No" our coach alexis said as he doesnt want us getting injured.. i said i wouldnt! he got stressed and said fine i'll spar with you at the end! i thought he was joking. He wasnt! we only had one girl on sat so to give her a rest in between rounds i fought the coach... He was pissed off with me i could tell as i had been a bit cocky to him saying i wouldnt get injured and he was definitely trying to give me a good clip. But to be honest failing... i could see he was getting more and more wound up as the round went on. Twice he tried to uppercut me when i was in full block and close.. twice he missed. Each time i gave him a cheeky clip on the chin as i bounced away off the back foot. I wasnt going to antagonise him further by hitting him full on but i think the fact i was just clipping him was pissing him off more!i was just hoping to get through the 3 rounds without getting hurt so i made sure i didnt stop moving and kept my distance while staying just in range...i mean i was never gonna get close to hurting him so i wasnt gonna try and then get caught with a big right! one one time i actually tried to fight he caught me in the face full on and really jolted me.(when i blew my nose after i left blood came out)so from then on i stayed just far enough away not to let that happen again! but it was the end of the 3rd round which was to be the controversial moment... i lent back a bit too far and alexis through a low shot to the body, which and i swear on my unborn child hit me in the penis!!!!!! i went down for about 4 sec... he smiled... at first i thought he had meant it... he then said he hit me in the stomach...it wasnt that bigger punch and if it was my stomach i wouldnt have gone down. dont get me wrong if he had properly punched me in the stomach i would have gone down like britney spears on a cucumber ,but it wasnt... anyway there wasnt really an argument or anything.. i actually thought it was quite funny and after i think believing me at the end so did he...
In the end it was a good workout and i defended well! a couple of the guys turned round to me at the end and said well done..that i had defended well and got a nice couple in... no one wanted to comment on penisgate! i dont know what that means..whether they think im lying or something i dont know! well im not ! end of! if you dont believe me step in the ring with me!

Saturday night and sunday just did some swimming with the mrs... Monday went to the gym at lunchtime and rocked the kazbar! Boxing at 5pm... tech sparring on the agenda! Wednesday i find out who is gonna be my opponent!! !!

Cant wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment