Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Settling in...

Day 9

Boxing training yesterday was the first time i actually noticed that this training might well kill me!

I went for a light session at lunch yesterday. I did 3km ,15 min run. 3 sets of push ups,crunches, star jumps, foot shuffles, burppies and skipping. Plus my normal sit up routine which consists of 45 times 5 of different crunches... I've now started to add in pull ups as i said the other day. They really hurt! I did 2 times 5 pull ups. and 5 pull ups where you let yourself down really slowly...i call these reducers! they hurt more than the normal ones....
As normal got to the boxing gym around 5.20pm. Played around on the speed-bag till 6pm while listening to em's new album Recovery! Off the hook btw! then did some stretching and was very warmed up by the time 6.30 came around. Actually i wasnt warmed up, more on fire! we started with cardio sets then shadow boxing and skipping.. Then the dreaded punchbag punchouts came in where you have to punch as much as you can in 15 sec. then 15sec rest then repeat 6 times. then for 20 sec. then for 30. well i must say after that i almost threw up! the thing is everybody does things to thier own ability. Its the same with the sets. people are skipping whole exercises or doing pushups on their knees and then jumping around cas they finish first! do it properly or if you do finish first think how can i do it harder next time! The form you do it in also has a lot to do with it. If it doesnt hurt you are either he-man or your not doing it right! '
anyway....... so after we did the bags we do the dreaded burppies sets (crunches,burppies...ect) 10each times 3. and then the plank at which point i fell in a heap and didnt move half way through the 2nd plank! I was really tired..
I had a protein shake and a shower and went home.

i woke up this morning feeling not to bad though i must say. Strange seeing how much i hurt yesterday! I did a light session at the gym at lunch time today (15min 3km...sit ups routine, skipping and burppie sets 10 times 3 and 20 lengths of the pool to relax the body). I had pasta and tuna couscous for lunch and muesli for brekki... need to have some complex carbs for dinner. i dont think im taking in enough energy atm... creatine before workouts isnt giving me much energy. i've almost cut sugar completely out of my diet. in fact i prob have shut out all sugar apart from the natural sugar in fruit... I keep on getting headaches and my shoulders are killing... the mental part of this is starting to kick in now too. realising im only a week into it and i still have 11 to go! I need a beer.... i need a diet coke and an ice cream! all at once.. in fact i want it so much i would inject it into me so i dont have to go thuogh the long winded thing of eating it!

I feel myself going insane! god help the person im going to fight! The quicker i finish him the quicker i can have a beer! first round knock out anyone! lol :) just joking..

No comments:

Post a Comment